Outdated Roles Page
THIS PAGE HAS BEEN MOVED! PLEASE SEE THE UPDATED PAGE HERE
IF YOU ARE ON DISCORD OR REDDIT, PLEASE @ Inkwelder TO TELL HIM HOW YOU GOT TO THIS PAGE SO HE CAN FIX IT
TONBERRY TROUPE :)
All of the roles below are important for clearing various content, but they have been broken into priority below based on their relevance and importance (sorted alphabetically). Scroll further down to see details on why they are important and which characters fulfill that role, to varying degrees.
All roles are categorized into Defensive, Support, Boss Disruption, & Quality of Life. Note that they are ordered by their last update. This is NOT A TIER LIST. Keep in mind that characters with more recent updates may (but not always) be more tuned for handling upcoming content vs older characters. Keep your roles updated & balanced!
Medium Priority Key Roles100% Gravity & Instant BreakCountersDispellerDebuff EvasionHealer - Burst onlyHealer - Regen onlyHP DMG MitigatorLauncherTurn Delay
Low Priority Key RolesAoE FarmingEsuna / CleansingLast StandStop Enemy BRVTraps
TankPriority: HighWhy? Tanks take pressure off your team and can help trivialize boss mechanics.
- Lock indicates that they draw attention onto themselves, but note LD/#T if those locks are limited.
- Cover indicates they don't rely on a debuff and will jump in front of your allies to protect them
HP Damage MitigatorPriority: MediumWhy? They protect your entire party by significantly reducing or nullifying damage, which is a constant theme of difficult content. They operate in most content but note that their mitigation may not always be active. Note that characters with minor HP reduction (< 50%) are not shown.
BRV MitigatorPriority: MediumWhy? Stopping or reducing stolen BRV or BRV gains is relevant at countering very specific bosses. They can turn a difficult fight into a cake walk, but not all fights can be approached this way. These effects are so powerful that they are often tied to limited use skills or niche cases.
Party Enchant & ImperilPriority: HighWhy? These characters enable your entire team hit weakness damage on all of their hits. This not only boosts their damage, but lets you use a smaller range of characters in more content, ignoring boss mechanics. Just make sure their element is not absorbed!
LauncherPriority: MediumWhy? Launching can provide huge damage amplification and is one of the most common ways to "cheese" a fight, by ignoring boss mechanics.How does it work? When a launch occurs, 10% HP DMG will be added to the attack. For every ally that participates in the launch, 5% more HP DMG will be added, for a total of 20% boost. Pairing this with Pandemonium summon is another 25% HP DMG, which stacks to +45% HP DMG!
100% Gravity & Instant BreakPriority: MediumWhy? Lufenia difficulty will more frequently have huge BRV DMG reductions, sometimes even as high as 999% reduction. More enemies will have auras that require them to be broken to dispel the aura. This makes 100% gravity specifically and instant break characters extremely valuable
DispellerPriority: MediumWhy? Dispelling can be very useful in niche fights, removing boss buffs, which sometimes can be the difference between ease & impossibility. This is less frequent in Lufenia, only being critical in a couple of fights, as bosses tend to have invisible auras that cannot be dispelled with an ability.
Paralysis / Silence EffectsPriority: MediumWhy? Paralysis & Silence is always relevant, giving you time to delay a big enemy attack, and giving you more turns than the enemy overall. Fights upcoming will require these types of effects to complete, generally via the Lufenia orb, or sometimes from the boss mechanic itself.
Counter AttacksPriority: LowWhy? Nearly exactly the same reasoning as Trap Effects above. Both of these can be considered as nice to have, but are in no way required currently.
Turn DelayPriority: MediumWhy? Always relevant, turn delay is the most used tactic to countering all forms of bosses, and giving them less turns to take. Stacking up on turn delay can trivialize bosses and afford more varied team compositions. Be warned enemies upcoming in Lufenia will sometimes punish you severely for delaying. It is not rampant yet, but do expect this to be downgraded to Low priority by Summer 2021.
Quality of Life / Efficiencies
AoE FarmersTime below character is the seconds needed to complete WoI Radiant Artifacts 40SP w/ 3 skills (glass break - victory), generally in a solo team composition with full gear & MLB.
Also listed are the requirements for them to complete such as summonMost use Shiva to ensure going first in the first wave